Bird In The Hand Primitives

Primitive Folk Art Designs and Finished Items
By: Robin Leuschen

" Who you are is God's gift to you........ What you do, is your gift to God !"

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Started my first challenge punch... and my scratch pad...


 Hello. Wow sunshine and warmer temps here in NW Pa. 

I started to punch my first challenge design  I printed mine out just a bit too small, but we shall see how it ends up  my punch frame is only 8” x 8” so looking at the design, that tell you how small it is  

And, this is what I do when I’m impatient and on hold on the phone. Anyone else do this???
Enjoy what’s left of the afternoon. 



11 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love your start Robin! I happen to favor smaller pieces myself...usually makes the final finishing a wee bit easier. I'll enjoy following along on your progress on this. And, yes, I have a horrible doodle habit when I am on the phone, in meetings, etc. but none of mine are even remotely as artistic as yours LOL. ~Robin~

Robin Leuschen said...

I like them smaller because I hate running out of my threads 3/4 of the way through a project 🤣🤣🤣 oh believe me, a lot of my doodles don’t look like this. Most look like 4 year old holding a pencil for the first time lol

Saundra said...

It has been so long since I've done any needle punch think I've lost all my mojo. Have the needles and the embroidery threads (not the good expensive stuff) but don't think even the good stuff could make my needle punch look good at this point. Do love your designs tho.

Robin Leuschen said...

Awww. Thank you. 🥰

acorn hollow said...

Yes but it never looks as good as your doodles. I am working on a challenge piece for Saundra so hopefully I will get to do a something with your piece as well a bit later.
Cathy

Robin Leuschen said...

Oh Cathy... these are the good ones. I sometimes right naughty words as I’m waiting 1/2 on hold. Lol

NMK said...

Love your pretty patterns ...have been hooking instead of punching , but have to get that going again too !!!

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

I like to find someone that does punch
I do it but have never had a lesson . I would like to see what way to do it
I will be back
Laura

Robin Leuschen said...

I’ve been wanting to get back into hooking 🤪

Robin Leuschen said...

There are lots of tutorial videos on you tube 😉😉😉 that’s pretty much how I learned. Trial and error also 🤪🤪

Amit Rana said...

Well, great information and such a great post.
Buy Methadone Online