Bird In The Hand Primitives

Primitive Folk Art Designs and Finished Items
By: Robin Leuschen

" Who you are is God's gift to you........ What you do, is your gift to God !"

Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Freebie Doodle...and......

Not too much going on around here !! I did up a Rooster doodle awhile ago and have played around with it, painted it, wanted to hook it up but never started...and then I found a new way to color in my drawings..it almost looks like watercolor paints... so...I have now decided to offer this as a freebie doodle...It's not super primitive , but I think it's kinda folky .....
I added the text to the colored in doodle.... here is the line drawing :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am getting ready to do a big rug...It's a secret , for a secret special thing happening later on this summer....deadline is soon, so I'll be spending most of my time on it...it stinks I can't show you ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My oldest daughter Ashley wanted to pick up the hook again...she LOVES sheep , so I drew up a simple designs of a sheep some flowers a border and a date....She just got started...and she says it's like learning all over cause it's been almost a year since she last hooked her first little mat, a crow...
Here is her progress ( she loves black sheep )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok....it's almost bedtime...trying to get on a better , normal ? sleep pattern...no more 3am's for me...we'll see how that works out...lol.
Good night,
Robin

17 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Thanks for the cute doodle. Looks like Ashley is getting right back into the swing of pulling loops. Have fun on that "secret" rug :)

WoolenSails said...

Another wonderful design, hopefully I will get the time to make some. I am in the mood to punch, haven't made anything in awhile.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Love it!..thank you so much!

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, love the Rooster doodle, thanks for sharing.....sweet sheep your hooking, Francine.

My Colonial Home said...

Adorable doodle! Thanks for being so sweet to us and always offering some of your talent.

Great sheep daughter is doing...

Karen

Saundra said...

The rooster doodle is adorable or should I say 'adoodable'. Hmmm, a secret huh? Does anyone other than you know what that secret might be?????

Your daughter's hooking looks great, just like riding a bike.

Saundra

Julia said...

I just love your new design, thanks for sharing. I'm partial to roosters.
I need to get back to hooking too. I'd like to see this sheep rug finished. It will look great.

Have a great weekend.
JB

Anonymous said...

Thank You for the freebie and your daughter's sheep looks nice..Excited to hear what the suprise is for this summer..
Have a fun and productive weekend..

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Great doodle again! I'll be looking forward to seeing the surprise, you tease!! :) --Jan

Cathy G. said...

Hi Robin,
Your Rooster Doodle is great! Thank-you for your sweet generosity! Your daughter's sheep will be so cute when hooked.... gotta love a black sheep! :))
Stay busy hooking on that surprise rug! It's so hard to not share isn't it! I know it will be wonderful!
Hope Spring finds it's way to you soon! I keep looking around 4 foot snowbanks here but no sign of it yet!
HugSS!!
Cathy G

Ronnie said...

Your rooster pattern is great, I love chicken patterns! Your daughter's sheep is looking good, it all comes back quickly. Will be looking forward to seeing your secret rug, I'm sure it will be wonderful! Happy creating!

Rhonda said...

Hi Robin
I love that rooster design. I'm thinking Hmmmmm maybe in wool. Can't wait to use it. Thanks for sharing. I love that sheep you drew up for your daughter. She's doing a good job.

Rhonda

ohiofarmgirl said...

Love your doodle! Dianntha

annie said...

that's wonderful Robin!

jody said...

Yep, guess i need to work on the sleep thing too as its 2:30 am as im typing.. Looks like i maybe up for the day! Love the pattern thanx so much! You come up with the cutest ideas! Enjoy!

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

ROBIN, Love your rooster doodle, your painting finished up very nicely. Perfect scripture too.
Hope your sleep goes well.

Anonymous said...

adore your freebie, Robin! Thank you so much for your continued generosity! I want to punch all your designs at once!

rebecca