Bird In The Hand Primitives

Primitive Folk Art Designs and Finished Items
By: Robin Leuschen

" Who you are is God's gift to you........ What you do, is your gift to God !"

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Two new Art Journal pages and having fun with paper and fabric art ....

I"m seeing a bird thing happening...lol ...I LOVE birds anyways...I love to draw them and have them in my doodles/art.....
My second one was done using wax paper and acrylic paint to print the leaves....I painted the leaves on the wax paper then etched the veins with the end of my paint brush...gives them a nice textured look.
I love working with fabric of course, so I thought I would try this...Sewing fabric and paper to create a collage....

The middle of this is a design of mine that i printed off and cut into pieces. I chose this section to use as the base..... I'm going to make a smaller journal full of more pieces like this one...
So, there we have that...I've kept busy...
Have a great night..it's late, so you are probably sleeping and wont see this till morning, in that case....Have a great day !!!
Robin


7 comments:

Christine said...

Cool, Robin !!!!!! Keep 'em coming !

Simply Quaint said...

Wow Robin those are wonderful...I am starting to enjoy mixed media myself and thought about adding some into my crafting......wonderful I love them!

As Christine mentioned, "keep them coming"......
Blessings
Rhonda

Simply Quaint said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Colonial Home said...

Hi Robin - how beautiful.
I love your work.
What a unique idea for the leaves....now that's pure TALENT!
Keep it up!!
Karen

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful journal pages and use of different mediums. I like doing fabric collages and have been thinking of playing around with some.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Robin,
Your talents never cease to amaze me!!!
Happy Easter :)
Lauren

annie said...

Wonderful, Robin.
I would not have thought to try the wax paper.