Bird In The Hand Primitives

Primitive Folk Art Designs and Finished Items
By: Robin Leuschen

" Who you are is God's gift to you........ What you do, is your gift to God !"

Monday, November 17, 2008

A Winter Wonderland !! & a new Santa Ornie ....



Wow...It snowed and snowed since yesterday afternoon..and before you knew it, we had a foot of snow....What a beautiful scene..I love it !! I went outside with my Youngest daughter and we shoveled for hubby late last night... I took a tumble on my big ol butt off the second step, but between my natural padding and the snow, nothing hurt, not even my pride....it was funny actually, except for the slight "twinge" I feel in my back today....
I guess it is cleaning and crafting for me today...How fun...all cozy in the house with the snow outside, and more to come today !!
And here is a new little Blesnickle Santa Ornie I designed...Gonna do up a pattern for hin too.... He is only 5 1/2 " tall, so perfect for your tree...I think his dark eyes make him look a little angry, so I am going to do up the next one with lighter floss for the eyes....

15 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Robin, the pics of your snow are just beautiful. I would have liked to see you fall but glad you are OK. Love your new Santa.

Pam

TeresaM said...

Oh my gosh Robin!!! Look at all that snow and how beautiful!!!! Looks like your road is already cleared too....how nice. I love your new Santa.... might need that pattern too! Have a great day and sure hope your back doesn't get worse!
Teresa

angie said...

omgosh~how beautiful!!! send some this way please~lol. love the new santa!

Anonymous said...

Snow pictures are gorgeous and I love your new Santa. What a talent you have!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures. I wish we had snow.
Teresa

Gen said...

Love your Santa and the snow :)

Tami said...

What gorgeous snow, makes me want to be in front of a crackling fireplace sipping hot chocolate or tea. Cute Santa!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

It's a winter wonderland! How beautiful! I so hope we get at least one nice snow like that this year. I miss it.

And your Santa is just gorgeous. He looks so old world.

Smiles
Lea

Kimberly said...

Robin, your pictures are so beautiful! Makes me a little jealous! And I just looove your Santa!
Blessings, Kimberly

My Colonial Home said...

Robin your snow is just perfect....a great day to do what you said you did....how cozy!

Love the santa too.
Karen

Julie said...

Beautiful--nothing like a new snowfall. Your santa is great, too. Julie

Terry said...

What beautiful snow pictures! We woke up to a couple of inches of snow this morning and got excited! :0)

Back in the Day said...

Love the pics of the snow! It is beautiful! Nothing like that here yet. . . the Santa is adorable! Great job!

Leslie said...

Robin,
I cannot believe that you got that much snow! LOL We just got a few flurries off and on, however, you have that Lake Effect thing...lol

Your Santa is very Prim and cute!

You'll have to stop by my blog! I finished my penny rug and I am working on your Turkey ornament! I haven't done a Prim sewing project like that yet from a pattern so it's interesting but it's turning out pretty well...

Have a great day!

Leslie

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

The Santa ornie is wonderful! I kind of like the dark eyes.

The snow looks so pretty - so glad you weren't hurt in the fall!