Bird In The Hand Primitives

Primitive Folk Art Designs and Finished Items
By: Robin Leuschen

" Who you are is God's gift to you........ What you do, is your gift to God !"

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lots of Fall Happenings Around Here.....and Fall Goodies Sale !!!

I did a little Fall decorating over the weekend, with hubby's help...( shhh...mostly hubby's work ).
Here is the entry way to my craft room...and here is one at night:
Here is a shot of the fence in front of our home...Rememeber , this house still needs alot of work , and outside painting or siding, etc. will need to wait till Spring next year...it does need a good power washing , though...so much work inside still, but maybe before snow flies, we'll manage to get that done....this fence was longer, but not in the best shape...we cut off a section from both ends and scraped and painted....looks much nicer...

Here is the very front door of the home, which noone uses...We are in need of a storm door there, and we are looking for a nice used one on Craigslist......

I thought I'd add a shot from the small hall leading into the garage...It is right past my studio...This is a "spare" room and is in the process of being re-finished.....I took the pic looking in from the hall through the French door to the room...i started painting the door, and I am not a tape- er off-er painter...I paint then use my widget to scrape my mess off the glass.....lol


~~~~~~~
Rhonda of Back Road Treasures took advantage of my buy 1 get 1 free pattern sale and one of the patterns she purchased was "Twas The Night Before Christmas" Wool Applique Pattern. Here is a pic of her awesome finish !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOW FOR MY SALE !!!
I have just finished moving in really, and just don't have the gumption to take everyday goodies down after I just got them out and hung, etc...so, I am thinning out my Fall items and decided to sell a few of my handmade dolls first...
Ok,  PayPal Only   Cost of Shipping is INCLUDED in the price of the items .... Email Me Here  if you want to purchase an item.... I will be adding more items hopefully throughout the day.. I will email a PayPal invoice if you are wanting to purchase an item.

                             Harvest Moon Angel Doll
This is from my Harvest Moon Angel Pattern. she measures about 18" tall....
                               $28


Punkin Guy and Kitty ...he measures about 16" .....I never did make a pattern of this guy..
                                                   $28

                            Fall angel Hanging doll..This gal has no legs..she just hangs...
Her face is partly painted and partly stitched. My original design and handmade by me. about 17" tall.

                                                                   $24
Forgot to say...I have some really cute Halloween Honey and Me fabric I'll be posting on here so watch for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanted to show you what else I've been doing...I was given some Black Walnuts from my hubby's boss...so I am going to use the peels to make Walnut Ink......

black Walnuts are really hard to harvest, hence the reason why they go for about $8.99 a lb. ...But here are the ones I have that I am going to be cracking open to try and extract some meat from. I will get more from hubby's boss , so if all goes well, I may be able to have walnuts for my Christmas baking...I know I'm going to be needing ALOT more than this, but remember this is just a trial run for me....lol

.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One Last Thing........
I REALLY did do a small bit of crafting !! I finally finished this punch needle I started months ago... It needs backing and staining yet though.....I have written all the steps and floss colors down, so I'm hoping. God willing, to get a pattern made up of it....
                                                              
Long post I know...but just had to play " catch up" with you all...lol
Hugs,
Robin

9 comments:

moosecraft said...

Your home is looking so nice and cozy! Love the needlepunch you finished! Looking forward to the pattern.

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

Lovely fall decorations!

Truckcalendar said...

Love your entryway! I'd be Trick or Treating at your house if I lived in the neighborhood! ~Roberta

Anonymous said...

Your home looks so warm and inviting just from the pictures you have here..Love it all..Have a great week..

Raymond Homestead said...

You've got a lot accomplished! Your home looks so nice. I bet you are enjoying fixing it the way you want it!

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Robin...you are one busy lady...so many things going on.
Your home looks so warm and cozy - how pretty!!!
Hope you sell your goodies - and what a pretty needle punch design.
Karen

TeresaM said...

Your home is looking great Robin!

ohiofarmgirl said...

The pictures of your porch are so cute. It makes it seem so friendly and cozy...Dianntha

เฮงเฮงรวยรวย said...

สล็อต 777

เพียงไม่กี่ขั้นตอน ก็สามารถเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ได้ โดยยอดเครดิตใน User ของผู้เดิมพันเสมือนเหรียญที่หยอดในตู้สล็อต