Well ladies, I have been busy busy busy !! I started on this new needle punch design Friday.
First, I traced the design onto my weavers cloth, got it on the hoop, started getting my floss together and realized I forgot to "mirror" the image,and the letters would be all backwards after punching. I took that piece of cloth off the hoop ( I can use it to do a stitchery). Retraced the design and got it all ready. Started to punch the letters and they looked like big blobs, even after doing the background.
I tore it out, started all over again..finally realized the problem ( for me anyways) was that the letters were too close together for the small flag. So, the next step was to bring up the image in my paint program , erase the letters in the flag, print the image off ( I was trying to avoid re-tracing the entire design ). I re-wrote the one word Easter and made the letters larger and further apart. Scanned the pic, saved and I remembered to mirror the image, printed it off. I got that all traced on new cloth and was all set to go. I started punching and wow, what a difference. all was going well...but, I had no gray for the background. Ran to JoAnn's , spent $17 on floss....all different colors.
Working VERY late into the night , errr should say into the early morning, I was almost finished , it was looking good, but I still wasn't happy with the letters, I knew I could do better.
My obsession ( ocd) took over and out came all the letters and flag background.
I re-punched it all much tighter together and I was finally satisfied with the end results.
Right now, after 4 hours of sleep, I'm typing up the pattern ( re-checking and re-checking constantly...lol ) .
I finally put together my little Valentine Tree this morning, figured it was getting late, better do it now before Valentine's Day is here and gone.
Back to my pattern writing. Hope you are all having a really good day,