Bird In The Hand Primitives

Primitive Folk Art Designs and Finished Items
By: Robin Leuschen

" Who you are is God's gift to you........ What you do, is your gift to God !"

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

*NEW* Spring Doodle Booklet and..Awesome gift !!

I finally finished up the Spring Doodle Booklet. It doesn't have designs of chicks or bunnies, more just "springish" stuff....lol. I wish I could post pics of the inside designs, but ladies, there are lots of folks out there that would just scoop them up and use as their own. It's happened so many times...at first I just let it go and figured "oh well " they'll reap what they sow, but as time goes on and I work really hard on my designs, I just want to try and prevent it, you know ???I even tried the watermarking...doesn't matter unless you are trying to sell the printed design.... C'est La Vie ... Well, both this and the Easter Doodle booklet are available for purchase on my side bar. And now....A wonderful gal from blog land, gifted me with this awesome hoop stand ..She was so sweet and refused to take anything for it or let me pay shipping... That is just the sweetest thing !!
I know we've all done that for a fellow blogger here or there, but gals, when this happens to you, why is it hard to accept graciously ?? Believe me, I wasn't going to turn the offer down, but at the same time there's always a little tinge of " someone else out there needs this more than me "..you understand ??? Thank you to Courtney of Sassafrass and Winterberry for this wonderful gesture of generosity !! I can't wait to draw up a design and stick on the hoop and get going. I KNOW this will make my hooking so much easier. And I promise if I get something different down the line I will " Pay it forward " to a newbie hooker..... Did I ever tell you all how much I luvs ya and how much you brighten my day ?? Even for just the simple fact that at times, I can live vicariously through you, by reading your posts and viewing your pics.... Does that sound like " lurking" ? well, then yes I am guilty of that at times.....not gonna apologize either.....lol Have a fun, creative, constructive and blessed day !!! Robin

15 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Sweet of Courtney! I've been guilty of Lurking occasionly myself but it's always nice to just Hi! LoL..The new Doodle book looks wonderful.Love beeskeps! Warm Blessings!~Amy

Hannah's PinKeep said...

I so love your beautiful work, Robin! And, I'm a firm believer also in "pay it forward." Enjoy the hoop! :-) Hugs & Best, Jodi, Hannah's PinKeep

Rhonda said...

Hi Robin
I so love your designs. I know what you mean about using your designs without permission. So sorry it happens to you.
Don't you just love unexpected surprises? I know what you mean about being hard to accept though. I bet it made her happy to share with you though. Enjoy. Can't wait to see what you hook next.

Rhonda

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

I love your designs, Robin. I think it's awful that people have stolen your ideas. How much trouble is it to spend a few dollars and give credit to the artist? Awful people.
On a sweeter note, what a beautiful gift you have there. I think it will take much fatigue off of stitching.
Hugs,
Susan

Linda said...

Robin, you do such beautiful work and I love your blog. I love reading Courtney's blog too.
I am glad that you found my blog too!
Linda

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful gift from Courtney.
I started out with a hoop, but love my frames.
Love the cover of your new book and i understand about people who think is ok to see your idea and redo it, then call it their own;)

Debbie

From Sherry's Heart said...

That hoop is a FANTASTIC VERY generous gift Robin!!! From the picture it looks like a Gruber. In my early days of hooking I was also generously given that same Gruber frame!!! I still use it for certain certain things. You can do a bigger rug on it,just buy a larger bolt. I believe that when you do good things,good things come back to you!!! I know this positively, absolutely!!!
Sherry

Wool-Stitches said...

What a great gift from Courtney! This will really help you with your hooking and you will be much happier. I also learned how to hook using a hoop and it didn't have a stand. So happy about your new spring doodle booklet. I love all of your artwork and can't wait to do one of your designs for my next project.
Happy Hooking! Elaine

Rugs and Pugs said...

Robin ~
Courtney is a sweetie, isn't she? I'm betting it will make your hooking so much more enjoyable. The tauter the backing, the easier it is to hook. Be sure to share you project with us!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

How nice of Courtney....she is a sweetheart for sureQ!...I'm sure you can find something in your prim stash that she would love to own.
Have fun with your new hoop.
patti

Anonymous said...

How sweet of Courtney..
Your new book looks simply beautiful..
Have a great day..

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Aw, shucks! I'm so happy that you are happy with it!! I love the new designs. Happy Hooking, my friend!
Hugs,
Courtney

Lara Valcárcel said...

me encanta tu blog enorabuena desde españa.besitos.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Aw, that is so very sweet of Courtney! She couldn't have picked a better recipient for such a gift. We all know that you will put it to good use!

Your designs are adorable Robin! I want them but I don't do any of the punching or hooking. I just want to leaf through them and look at the pictures, lol! You are very creative girl!

Anna said...

I always feel graciously accepting a gift is a gift to the giver! love your doodling!