Bird In The Hand Primitives

Primitive Folk Art Designs and Finished Items
By: Robin Leuschen

" Who you are is God's gift to you........ What you do, is your gift to God !"

Friday, April 2, 2010

Another New Punch Needle Project... "Folk Art Bird Hanging Bag "


Ok...so I have to say I really like the look of this with the brown, tan and blues. I sewed it to a piece of really old blue ticking fabric from an old mattress and stained it slightly.
I took the awsome advice of some wise folks and used 6 strands...Went much faster than the 3 strands on the bigger beeskep piece...The design is from my Summer Doodle Booklet Volume 1 .
I want to keep it but I really need to list on Ebay...I need my moving money..I'm excited to be moving in a few weeks, but I want to do a few things ion the new house first.... :)
Robin

10 comments:

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Beautiful. I may have to give punch a try! Have a lovely Easter!

lizziebusy said...

It's very nice! I love how the bag turned out with the applied punch needle work!
Hugs
Lizzie

Beertje Zonn said...

Beautiful, I like it!
Bear regards,

Beertje Zonn
Bear from the Netherlands

susiedele said...

Great, Robin! I'm glad you didn't give up on PN. The bird pattern is nice and I love applied to the bag.
Yes, the 6 strand saved me from quitting, too.
Good luck with your moving plans...Susie

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Robin Sweetie...
I found your beautiful blog home while blog hopping this morning. I love all your punch needle projects. I have never tried this craft but my goodness you have made some very beautiful projects here. Your dolls are just exquisite, and I so adore the pillows. I think your sunflower project would make a precious pillow sitting on a chair or hanging in a dining room or kitchen. Just precious. Thank you for sharing with me today.

Please stop by and say hi. I would be so honored if you signed up to follow my blog as well. Country hugs...Sherry

Anonymous said...

The colors are lovely and the bag is just adorable. So glad you're punchin now!

Anonymous said...

Robin, thank you for your wonderful patterns. I do not do punch but I will embroider or applique them! They are wonderful!!! I love your work and your blog! So many great projects and pictures!!!

Beertje Zonn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PriviesAndPrims said...

I was using 6 strands and someone told me that was wrong, that I should only be using 3.
I'm with you on getting it filled faster! Especially for large areas like backgrounds.

Doreen
www.PriviesAndPrims.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Robin, your needle punch projects are gorgeous! I wish I could do that. Your so talented to be able to make your own drawings and patterns too! Good day!,Cathy