Bird In The Hand Primitives

Primitive Folk Art Designs and Finished Items
By: Robin Leuschen

" Who you are is God's gift to you........ What you do, is your gift to God !"

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Etsy Rant

ETSY RANT !!!!!!
Ok .... I must really be out of the loop !
Since when did they start suspending your Etsy shop unless you sign up with their PAYMENT PLAN !!
I don't want to give them my checking account number , routing number , last four digits of my social security number. 
I have PAYPAL AS MY PAYMENT METHOD FOR THOSE REASONS !!!!

When we signed up this was nowhere in the terms and conditions. And I do not recall clicking on anything or agreeing to anything such as this , how can they just decide that they can suspend your shop ?
What purpose does this serve. They say it gives customers more ways to pay ????
Bullllll !!! They completely took the sellers rights away !!!!!

5 comments:

marly said...

I agree with you and can understand your anger. Seems anything related to online has become more aggressive in terms and more invasive to personal choices.

Cathy G. said...

Was thinking this exact same thing Robin... we are at their mercy if we want to keep selling online. I just hated filling out that form.. but bowed to the great wizard.
Ranting along with you for all it's worth~
Cathy G

Patti said...

I am right there with you and closed my shop for this reason. Guess I will just sell to my mailing list and via my blog and Facebook.
Unfortunately my protest doesn't impact anything and as much as I hate to, I still make a purchase or two via Etsy. *sigh*
Blessings, Patti

WoolenSails said...

I have never used etsy, but thought of it and now I will unthink it, lol.
I have always used paypal and never had a problem using them.

Debbie

Barbara Shores ~ Village Folk Art said...

NOT thrilled with them either...Can't figure out why they hold your sale $$$ for several days before they then forward to your bank. Who's using it in the meantime? It's their way or the Highway. Have considered closing it on more than one occasion. It's still a consideration. I think Patti has the right idea.
Happy to know I am not alone.